While the Westchester County Clerk's office is happy to assist you with the renewal of your passport, we cannot process or accept the Renewal by Mail (DS-82) applications in this office. You may apply for a passport renewal by mail if your current passport is not damaged or mutilated, the passport has not expired more than 5 years, you were at least 16 years when it was issued, and you still have the same name as it was in the passport (or you can legally document your name change).  The US Department of State now REQUIRES that applicants renewing their passports (who meet the above criteria) do so by using the DS-82 form and mailing it in themselves. In order to apply via mail, you should complete and mail an Application for Passport By Mail, Form DS-82.

Follow these tips when renewing your passport by mail.

Attach necessary documents
Attach your most recent passport (which will be returned to you), one photograph, and a check or money order payable to the U.S. Department of State in the amount of $130.00.

If your name has changed
Please enclose a certified copy of the legal document specifying your name change (e.g. marriage certificate, divorce decree,  or court order). Note that if your name has changed by other means, you must apply in person for your renewal passport.

Mailing your documents
You should mail the application and attachments in a trackable envelope to:

National Passport Processing Center
P.O. Box 640155
Irving, TX 75064-0155

Expedited service
Please note that if you need your passport urgently, you may request Expedited Service for an additional $60.00 fee. The address to mail applications for Expedited Service is:

National Passport Processing Center
P.O. Box 90955
Philadelphia, PA 19190-0955

Larger passport
If you travel extensively, you may request a larger, 52-page passport at no additional cost.

Mutilated, altered or damaged passports
If your passport has been mutilated, altered or damaged, you cannot apply by mail. You must apply in person.

Questions?  Call us at (914) 995-3088 or (914)995-3089 or send an e-mail to