If your passport has been lost or stolen, two steps are required to get a new passport. First, you must report your valid passport lost or stolen immediately. The second step is to replace your passport.

You will need to appear in person in order to replace a lost or stolen passport. To report a lost or stolen passport, complete a Statement Regarding Lost or Stolen Passport, Form DS-64 filling in as much of the passport information as you can and answering all the other questions in detail. You can bring this form to the Office of the Westchester County Clerk when you come to replace your passport. However, if you are not going to be traveling to our office immediately after the theft or loss, be sure to sign and submit your form to:

U.S. Department of State, Passport Services
Consular Lost/Stolen Passport Section
1111 19th Street, NW
Suite 500
Washington, DC 20036

Alternatively, you can call (202) 955-0430 to report a lost or stolen passport. Please note that passports reported lost or stolen are invalidated and can no longer be used for travel.

In order to replace a lost or stolen valid passport, you will need to comply with all of the requirements for applying in person for a passport. When completing the Application for Passport, Form DS-11, complete Question #21 by writing your name as it appeared in your passport, writing the approximate date of issue, including the passport number if known, and marking the appropriate box under DISPOSITION. Please note that if your passport is stolen abroad, you should immediately report the loss to local police authorities and the Consular Section of the nearest U.S. Embassy or Consulate. 

Questions?  Call us at (914) 995-3088 or (914)995-3089 or send an e-mail to