Coming to a Town near You!

WHITE PLAINS, NY: The Mobile Passport Office, a service provided by the Westchester County Clerk, is returning in 2019. Check our calendar and be on the lookout for when the Mobile Passport Office is coming to your community this spring and summer!

From the County Clerk's Mobile Office, our staff can assist residents who visit to apply for a United States Passport, including having a photo taken. Over 1,000 applications were accepted in 2019, at our Mobile Passport Office.

County Clerk Tim Idoni said, “The Mobile Office is one of our crowd pleasing favorites. We travel to every city and town throughout Westchester every year!”

The first two stops will be March 26 at the Grinton I. Will Library on Central Park Avenue in Yonkers and on March 28th at the Port Chester-Rye Brook Library at 1 Haseco Avenue.  Both sites will be from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 pm.

Do not wait until the last minute: Apply now.  Routine passport applications generally take approximately six weeks.  For an additional charge, expedited service will result in your obtaining your passport in no more than three weeks.  But only in emergency circumstances can a passport application be processed more quickly, so do not delay.

PLEASE NOTE: You will need a passport to enter the United States by air, by land or by sea unless you are a child under the age of 16 entering by land or sea with proof of U.S. citizenship or an adult with another travel document approved by the Department of Homeland Security.

Be sure to bring the proper documentation: You will need proof that you are a United States citizen such as an original or certified copy of your birth certificate, a consular report of birth abroad or a naturalization certificate.  If your Adult passport is expired OVER 5 years, you can apply with us by bringing your old passport.  If your passport has expired LESS THAN 5 years, you must renew by mail with a DS-82 application. You will also need proof of your identity, such as a current valid driver’s license or a government issued identification card.  For minors under the age of 16, both parents should be there to sign the application of the child. However, if only one parent appears and signs, that parent must submit the other parent's notarized Statement of Consent form (DS-3053) and a photocopy of their identification.

See our Calendar of Events or our Community Outreach page to see when the mobile office is coming to your community. Check back often as new dates are added. Please visit our Passports page for more information on fees and application requirements.