August 27, 2013
Clerk Wins Second Award This Year for the Electronic Recording Initiative
WHITE PLAINS – Top technology leaders from across New York State come together each September in Albany to meet and exchange knowledge about technology updates and innovations. The Center for Digital Government, a national research institute and advocate for best practices in state and local government, takes the opportunity to present awards, called the Best of New York, which recognize works of distinction in information technology. This year, Westchester County Clerk Timothy C. Idoni will be accepting a Best of New York award for the Best In-House Developed Application for the Electronic Recording portal launched by the Office of the Westchester County Clerk last September.
Idoni expressed his gratitude upon receiving the Best of New York Award, remarking, “I am exceptionally proud to accept this honor which recognizes not only my vision to make government smaller and smarter, but also the work of a dedicated project team from my office and the County Department of Information Technology.” Idoni’s motto, “Making Government Easy”, has been a guiding principle for projects aimed at improving customer service, increasing operational efficiency and reducing costs. The Property Records Electronic Portal (PREP) System, which now facilitates electronic recording, turned a five hundred thousand dollar ($500,000) capital investment into a cumulative five year savings of over four million dollars. “Innovative technology solutions improve customer service while reducing the property tax burden for Westchester residents,” continued Idoni “We will continue to work hard in the County Clerk’s office to implement superior solutions.”
In 2010, the Center for Digital Government recognized Westchester County Clerk with the prestigious Best of New York Excellence in Leadership Award for his demonstrated vision and work in producing a number of successful information technology initiatives that cut costs, improved the delivery of services to the public and increased the transparency of his office. Under Idoni’s leadership, the Office of the Westchester County Clerk has received the following award recognition:
- 2013 Best of New York Best In-House Developed Application (Electronic Recording of Land Records)
- 2013 Achievement Award – National Association of Counties (Electronic Recording of Land Records)
- 2012 Achievement Award – New York State Association of County Clerks
- 2010 Best of New York Excellence in Leadership Award – Center for Digital Government (Westchester County Clerk Tim Idoni)
- 2010 Best of New York Project Excellence Award- Center for Digital Government (Property Records Electronic Portal)
- 2010 Achievement Award – National Association of Counties (Property Records Electronic Portal)
- 2010 National Digital Government Achievement Award Honorable Mention- Center for Digital Government (Westchester Records Online)
- 2010 Achievement Award – New York State Association of County Clerks
County Clerk Idoni will accept the award at a special ceremony held on September 20th at the Government Technology Conference (GTC) East in Albany.